25 August 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 25, Inspired by fashion

Today's theme is Inspired By Fashion.


I am by no means a person who is into fashion. My usual "style" is jeans and a t-shirt, usually from somewhere like Threadless. So when I was browsing, I find a few people doing this needle-drag tie-dye pattern and decided to use that at my inspiration for today.


To do this mani, you need to paint thick stripes of the colors you want to use. Do this fast! As soon as you finish the last color, use a toothpick/needle/fine point of an orange stick/anything pointy and gently drag through all the layers. This is a messy mani to do. Since I painted on the colors so quickly/thickly, I got quite a bit on my skin and cuticles. The blue and red were stubborn in coming off even with scrubbing with a nail brush so I have some staining.

I will try this again, but I think with less colors so I don't have to move as fast.


Here are the colors I used in case you are interested.
Red: Zoya Sooki
Orange: Zoya Arizona
Yellow: OPI The "It" Color
Green: OPI Don't Mess With OPI
Blue: Sinful Colors Why Not?
(I didn't have room to put on the purple).


Check out some other manis inspired by fashion below.

1 comment: