19 October 2012

Layla Softouch Fire It Up

I recently did a super amazing Halloween swap. It was the most fun I've had with a swap. We kept out group to 12 girls and went through Elfster. If you haven't used Elfster for your swaps, I highly recommend it! You can create groups for each of your swaps. Then add whatever you want to your wishlist. Next the admin of the swap group can start the swap and it randomly assigns names. Even the admin of the group doesn't know who has who which is fun! Your gift giver can also mark that they bought things off your wishlist, but you can't see that information so it's a huge surprise.

Anyway, we all had so much fun with our swapping that most of us went over our budgets, oops!

My gift giver gave me some great polishes that I'm going to try to work into my Halloween designs.

For today, I used 2 coats of Layla Softouch Fire It Up. It applied wonderfully and was super smooth going on. You could possibly use just one coat, but I tend to have a light hand when applying coats. Clean up was very nice too with almost not staining of the skin/cuticles which I normally get with such pigmented reds.  Finally I added some super cute stickers my gift giver also gave me.



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it cool?! And it's not your typical matte either.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Ruby

    We loved your post about your Elfster swap. We wanted to ask if you would be willing to do a guest post featuring some of your Halloween nail ideas for the Elfster blog? Please contact me at help@elfster.com. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete