24 November 2012

Guest Post: Kirsten from Geeky Owl

Today's guest post is from Kirsten. I thought it was particularly suitable for today because here in Wisconsin it's cold today! Our town is having a traditional German Christmas market so we're going to try to check it out today. Santa will be there as well so Tristan will have his first picture with Santa taken as well.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Hello Ruby's Nails readers! My name is Kirsten and I have a blog over at Geeky Owl. I was asked to do a guest post today to reciprocate a guest post that Ruby's Nails did on my blog this summer, because our lovely blog hostess had a beautiful baby! And of course I jumped at the request! 

So today I bring you my first wintery mani of the season!



Here is a wintry snowy mani! 




I began with my base color of Essence You Belong to Me, two coats. (Sorry that I don't have a photo of it just on it's own) I love this polish. It applies like a dream and is super cheap! Also, it's a perfect icy blue. Win! :)




Next I applied Catrice Godfather of Pearl from the Million Styles Collection. Thank you for polish friends in Europe! I used this polish to add even more icy-ness to the mani. I wanted to create that glistening snow effect. And I think this is perfect for it!




I then stamped using Konad White and two different Bundle Monster plates. For my ring finger I used BM323, which is a full nail snowflake image. For my other nails I used BM319, which is two different snowflakes stamped multiple times.

I really liked how this mani turned out! It reminds me of those snowflakes on the Saks Fifth Avenue building in New York! (click link to be sent to an awesome video of the snowflakes!)

I hope you enjoyed my mani today, I had a lot of fun creating it!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks so much Kirsten! This mani kinda makes me want it so snow so I can cuddle with my new little man and watch the snow fall.

1 comment: