11 March 2014

St. Patrick's Day: Green Studded Skittles

I love green nail polish so St. Patrick's Day is a great excuse to use all of them!!! LOL

This year, I decided to forgo the usual St. Patty's designs of shamrocks, rainbows, and leprechauns and just focus on using green polish.



For these skittles, I used a combo of Essie Mojito Madness and A-England Dragon, both fabulous one coater green polishes.
I also used straight nail vinyls to create the design. I REALLY like these. While striping tape is super cheap on eBay and nail art supply sites, I don't find that it sticks well enough and nail polish often seeps underneath the tape. These vinyls also come in three different widths which make designs super easy to do. I used the skinniest vinyls for my ring finger and the medium one for my index.

My manis don't often get seen (except on the internet, lol) since I'm a stay-at-home mom. But the children's librarian complimented this one during baby story time which made me day!

No comments:

Post a Comment