06 April 2018

Northern Star Polish Family Secrets | March 2018 Polish Pickup

Have you heard of The Polish Pickup yet? I just heard about it at the end of February, and I think they are revolutionizing the indie polish world.

Each month there is a new theme that is voted upon by group members (be sure to join the Facebook group Polish Pickup Pack). The first Friday of the month, the shop opens where you can get polishes (as well as nail care, wax, and misc items) that are custom made for each theme. The items are only available for a short time and exclusive to The Polish Pickup. Shipping is a flat $3 in the United States per order which is awesome! The polishes are created by indie brands, and there's a variety of finishes.

I picked up my first polish for the March theme, Books.
Northern Star Polish created this beautiful polish inspired by Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews. It's such a classic, and one of the first adult books I read. I was in middle school when I discovered VC Andrews, and I've read every book she wrote and all the the one published under her name as well. So of course I had to grab this polish!


Family Secrets is a pinkish red holographic polish with blue flakes. In the sun, the flakes disappear a bit as the holographic effect comes out. 


The color isn't super unique though the flakies do add a bit something extra. The formula was really nice. It went on well in 2 coats, and I had to do very little clean up. Even with the flakies, the polish was super easy to remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment